Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My work at Community First Step

I have been working as a Communications & Resource Development Officer at a Non-profit organisation since the beginning of this year. Many people get confused about what exactly that means and understandably so.

Communications is such a vast field. The importance of both effective and internal communication is vital to the growth of any organisation. 'Corporate Communications' as it is often referred to in organisation encompasses all main areas of networking, public relations, marketing and the tools employed to create a brand image. These include the conventional newsletters, Annual reports and now the more extensively used e-mail marketing, websites and other social media tools.

My role at CFS mainly focussed on Media liaison, developing publications and marketing materials, writing press releases and also contribution to identification of Income Generation Opportunities (Tenders/Grants) and assisting in final submissions and record keeping.





For posterity and also as a marketing tool, I am uploading here a few pages of one of the community newsletters and the Annual report  I worked on this year. These were created in Adobe INDesign CS4 software which I learnt to use through the course of my work and was very proud of myself when I prepared my first Annual Report for the organisation.





Why post this on my blog? Well... why not? My work is an important part of myself and I like to share my thoughts with others. Feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment